About the Institutions
A new star in the firmament of education blazed across the horizon in 1958, when the PSBB School in Nungambakkam was established by an enterprising group of housewives under the auspices of the Nungambakkam Ladies Recreation Club. The historic first step on the journey towards excellence was taken with 13 students in a thatched shed on the terrace of the residence of the Dean & Director of the school, Dr. (Mrs.) Y.G. Parthasarathy. Today the school has three branches with more than 8000 students and around 500 staff members.PSBB was compelled to adopt the shift system in the history of the school, in the ’70s and the ’80s, to satisfy the growing demands of the residents of the city. It goes to show that all constraints are converted into successes owing to the administrative acumen and the Grace of God.