About the Institutions
Stella Maris College is an autonomous institution affiliated to the University of Madras. Founded on August 15, 1947, the College prides itself on over six decades of service to the cause of higher education of women and social development. Beginning in a small one-storey building in Santhome, Mylapore with 32 students, the College moved to its present campus “The Cloisters” on Cathedral Road in 1960. Today the College has an enrollment of 5000 students from diverse backgrounds, communities and nations.